Thank you, Slava.  I'd volunteer but it's above my paygrade.  I hope to
contribute to the doc/tutorial effort once my current project gets launched.

Jim

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Slava Pestov <sl...@factorcode.org> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Until I or someone else gets SSL working for Windows, the sensible
> thing is probably for Furnace to not require https for logins on
> Windows. I've pushed a patch with this change.
>
> The reason we don't support OpenSSL on Windows is that it doesn't
> support non-blocking IO there. On Unix, its relatively easy to use
> OpenSSL with a non-blocking descriptor. On Windows it is still
> possible, but it requires the use of a lower-level API where you
> marshall encrypted data in and out of buffers yourself before handing
> it off to the I/O subsystem. If anyone wants to take this project on,
> it would be great. Let me know and I'll give pointers.
>
> Slava
>
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Jim mack <j...@less2do.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Factor doc says that secure sockets is not supported:
> > http://docs.factorcode.org/content/article-io.sockets.secure.html
> > I've tried installing the now 1.0 http://www.openssl.org/ for windows,
> and
> > it hasn't 'magically' started working.  I'm out of my depth here, and may
> be
> > using the wrong terms/ideas.
> >
> > I'd like to use the code like 'blogs' in webapps.  It works fine on my
> Mac,
> > but I have to spend my day in Windows, and I think you have that user
> group
> > very well supported in general.  My first desire would be to know where
> > temporarily stub out the secure stuff so I can have fake security on
> windows
> > until I test on mac & post the real stuff to linode.
> >
> > If I can't stub the security, I would like to be to be able to fake an
> > authorized login.  The code is far beyond me at this time - it's a clear
> > symbol 'logged-in-user' I need to set, but I seem to need to do this in
> some
> > kind of context.  I keep running into continuation/realm errors, and I'm
> not
> > understanding what context I need to start before setting the auth
> variables
> > that actually store the stuff.
> >
> > I've tried sending a user tuple to successful-login from my own code, but
> > run into some kind of continuation/realm mismatch (it tries to end
> something
> > I didn't know to start).  I tried setting logged-in-user in my own code,
> but
> > have a context problem, because when the blogs code tries to get it, it's
> > null, or I get a stack overflow error.
> >
> > I've made my own auth routines to work in http just to get going, and I
> can
> > make some calls to responders like blogs, but sooner or later something
> > expects furnace's auth to be set correctly.  Can someone help point me to
> > way to subvert this, or authoritatively tell me I can't?  :)
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> [...]

"I'm for extending the working Medicare program for our seniors all the way
back to contraception, so Americans can concentrate on living their lives
without fear of changing a job, going bankrupt from deductibles or fighting
HMO bureaucracy."