2013/8/26 Georg Simon <georg.si...@auge.de>:
>> I've created a PPA and made an experimental Factor package for Ubuntu:
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~bjourne/+archive/factor
>>
> I am not sure if it is a good solution but I configured as follows:
>
> I made a new directory where I have writing rights without being root.
> I copied /usr/lib/factor/factor.image into the new directory.
> I made a subdirectory work/ in there.
> I added 2 lines to my ~/.factor-rc:
>  USE: vocabs.loader
>  "/opt/pub/mDS/factor/work/" add-vocab-root
> I call factor-run with my copy of factor.image:
>  factor-run -i=/opt/pub/mDS/factor/factor.image
> I have to use scaffold-vocab instead of scaffold-work.

That should work. But you shouldn't have to have the image file in a
writable directory unless you wish to save the state of a listener
session. On Linux, it's most common to have all user writable files
under /home/username/ and not let the user write to other files
(except for /tmp) on the system.

--
mvh/best regards Björn Lindqvist
http://www.bjornlindqvist.se/