Hi,

Do you happen to have a Radeon card? One of the libraries required by
Factor pulls in the OpenGL Mesa driver which shadows the Radeon driver.

You can make sure to load the binary Radeon driver:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/fglrx ./factor

This should link to your Radeon driver and not Mesa:
ls -al /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so

See for more:
https://github.com/slavapestov/factor/issues/926

If this is not your issue, we can try to debug it.

Doug