Are you able to build the factor binary? That's the first step. It's
hard to see in the diff in your repo what could be wrong. You could
try adding:

#define __linux__ 1

to the top of platform.hpp and then run "make linux-x86-64" or "make
linux-x86-32", depending on your cpu arch. That should give you a
runnable factor binary. There are a few steps after that too, but it
is easiest to learn the process one step at a time.

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to factor & forthy languages.
>
> I forked [1] & started looking at building factor on FreeBSD 10.1 amd64,
> but ran into some trouble compiling. I made some changes[2] but
> ultimately got lost in the makefile stuff. Is anybody more familiar with
> how this should work? This seems like it's almost there: [3].
>
> GIT_URL=git://github.com/dch/factor.git ./build-support/factor.sh update
> |& tee /ramdisk/factor-build-FreeBSD-10.1-amd64.log | dpaste
>
> [1]: http://github.com/dch/factor
> [2]: https://github.com/dch/factor/commit/faacbb5
> [3]: https://dpaste.de/tRb9

mvh/best regards Björn Lindqvist