>   Having said all that, I suspect GC to be the source of problems. Did any of
> you experience similar issues on other platforms besides Windows?
>   How do I go about hunting for that kind of bug in Factor?

You can never exclude anything, but it seems very unlikely that the GC
would be the problem. The GC copies objects so it is vulnerable to
shadow data bugs. That is, some references might no be updated to
point to the newly copied to location for the object. In the listener,
you can run the minor-gc and gc words and see if there is a pattern or
if you are able to trigger the bug that way. You can also recompile
Factor to run in debug mode:

  nmake /f Nmakefile x86-64 DEBUG=1

Also I see that you are running Factor in compatibility mode because
the fonts are all blurry. That is automatically enabled in Windows for
Factor if you have a high dpi screen. You can try and disable it by
right-clicking the .exe file and go: Properties -> Compatibility ->
Inactivate scaling when using High DPI.

--
mvh/best regards Björn Lindqvist