It was removed when we thought we had time to merge and release the new
parser that generalized multiline strings.  As you can see, we weren't able
to finish that -- some design elements are still being discussed and worked
through.

I'm tempted to revert and enable triple quote strings for the 0.98 release,
but haven't decided how important that is versus just fixing your strings
to escape the quotes or using Doug's suggestion.  Java, for example,
doesn't have triple-quote strings and people survive (maybe not thrive,
but...).

Best,
John.