I experimented with a kind of "include" feature once:

    <PRIVATE
    : (include) ( parsed name -- parsed )
        [ file get path>> parent-directory ] dip
        ".factor" append append-path parse-file append ;
    PRIVATE>

    SYNTAX: INCLUDE: scan-token (include) ;

    SYNTAX: INCLUDING: ";" [ (include) ] each-token ;

You can use it to parse another factor file in the same directory from
inside your vocabulary or -docs files.

Unfortunately, it doesn't add the new file being parsed to the list of
files being monitored for changes with ``refresh-all`` so if you edit the
words or docs in those files they don't detect needing to be reloaded, you
have to do that manually.