Hello all.  I'm trying to rekludge together freebsd support for factor.  This
has mostly involved trying to integrate some of the older commits that have it
and using Kernigh's OpenBSD factor fork as a guideline.

I don't know if it'll be good enough for a pull request but it has been very
helpful for a focused tour of the factor source code.  One issue I'm struggling
with right now is trying to fix a problem that keeps popping up in the stage 2
bootstrapping.  It compiles everything seemingly fine until it reaches the "io"
component.  Then it gets to loading the "basis/unix/utilities/utilities.factor"
before loading "bootstrap-error" and throwing the "die" word.

Now I'm not asking for anyone to take time out of their busy day to fix the
issue for me,  but I am wondering how the general process should go.  In the
data stack from this crash the only issue I can see in my novice eyes is a
"source-files.errors:source-file-error T{ generic.single:no-method f
io.backend.unix.multiplexers:remove-input-callbacks }"

But then why is failing at "utilities.factor" which doesn't include a reference
to that word?  The method is definitely defined in multiplexers.factor so my
first thought is the specialization of it in the freebsd
multiplexers/kqueue.factor is what's screwing up.

My question seems to be thus,  if utilities.factor is the last file it has to
load for the io group then it must be doing some computation after it loads all
these files that's causing it to fail. Is there any way to see what it does
with these files?   And likewise is there anyway to tell if a file somehow
silently failed to load but the bootstrap kept going anyway;  mostly just for
the sake of trying to figure out how to get more helpful information out of
this process.

If these questions seem to strike you as the ramblings of a feeble newbie than
please don't waste any time in passing this by;  I'll keep bashing my head
against the keyboard until I "get it". :P