Greetings!

I think Factor is a very interesting project.

Something I myself am trying to learn more about in my spare time, is
how minimal a bootstrappable implementation could be: What the minimal
amount of work is that has to be written in a different, lower-level
language to bootstrap a full-featured language on top of it (in other
words: Defining as much as possible of the standard library in the
language itself).

Factor does a great job of this already, but I am having a bit of
trouble to get started reading the C++ source code in the 'vm/' folder
of the repository, because it is a single folder containing ~120 source
code files : Are there any guides or other reference materials that
explain the architecture, setup and concepts behind the 'bootstrapping
compiler'?

Thank you for your time,

~Qqwy / W-M