Changed it to this in jail.conf and restarted and dovecot jail is not active.

[dovecot]
enable = true
port    = imap,imaps,sieve
logpath = %(syslog_mail)s
backend = %(dovecot_backend)s

# fail2ban-client status
Status
|- Number of jail:      3
`- Jail list:   nginx-x00, postfix-auth, sshd

I don’t think I follow the enabled=  logic well :(

Sophie