Sent: Friday, August 10, 2018 6:01 PM
To: fail2ban-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Fail2ban-users] Need help getting Fail2Ban to work

Fial2Ban is doing nothing but sending me e-mails when I restart fail to ban. So at least that part works. :-)

But it's not banning.
Error statements are almost useless.
Trying to run test commands or status commands gives me info that does not help.

What's the best way to test a jail?

What is the proper way to include more than one log file in a jail?
How can I tell if the jail is using all listed log files?

What does "2580 missed" mean?

Wayne Sallee
wa...@waynesallee.com
http://www.WayneSallee.com