From: akasha_108 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 2:41 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: New Vedic Translation? Euphedra

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mark robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   _____

> One of the articles in the Journal of Vedic studies attempted to
> prove, thru this detailed
> textual analysis, that soma was in fact the ephedra plant. The
> real reason that the Vedic
> rishis were so awake was because they were quaffing down ephedra!
> The image was just
> hilarious of these dreadlocked rishis, speeding there brains out
> like undergrads cramming
> for midterms.
>
> -V.
>

> ----------------
>
> Ahhh, the real definition of "awakening".

There is more than textual pointers that Euphedra (and cannabis) were
used in ancient rites -- that involved lots of mixing, grinding and
straining (echos of 9th mandala -- and many other things) . While this
does not prove any link to soma, it is interesting.

Akasha,

I can’t tell if you are saying that these substances might play a roll in the explanation of the mixing and straining as described in the 9th mandala or not. If so, you are definitely suggesting links to Soma. I mean, the Rig Veda is/was the origin of the word. No other definition of Soma that came later could possibly be more accurate.

-mark