On Mar 18, 2005, at 11:52 AM, mark robert wrote:

It is peculiar how you have more of a belief in alien beings than an external Soma.

It's a touchy subject I am trying skirt around as carefully as I can. I don't like the words "aliens" or "extraterrestrial" since I believe they are very misleading (and connected to all sorts of silliness). I also am avoiding using their Sanskrit name so as to not break any of my vows.

I believe there may be a physical soma, but the internal as well. Tradition, in modern times, seems more concerned with the inner. No physical substance will ever enlighten us on its own.