From: rudra_joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:17 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Sense perception (was Re: soma & New Vedic

Tom, samyama is not merely holding a goal, but the perfect awake focus on that one thing. Since all things are in everything therefore all things can be known by one thing. Some blowback might come from the focus on time, but that's not samyama nor is it a sutra.  Moreover, one will get all sidhis from any one sidhi because they are all latencies of PC, so for example in the case of inner light, one would already have all discriminating wisdom and enlightenment as well, or have you forgotten your abcs?  The final vibhuti pada sutras are obviously about the goal of kaivalya, turiya, or what I prefer to humanize by calling awakening.  Even demons in hell can awaken to CC.  I know because it was my acid trips both good and bad that woke me up when I was a kid, to CC.  The bad experiences were so horrific that my mind stepped back and witnessed them.  That's why you have this poking, prodding pashu here peering over the fence now and shouting silly things. On the other hand, those bad trips were a strong motivator to try to better karma and not be evil. Simply as strong a motivator as anything.

What's that have to do with sutras?  Because it's all about life. Even Guru Dev couldn't escape the karma of the world and nor can you or anyone else. The kama sutra is the best one anyway ;)