--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, m2smart4u2000
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

> > I don't think anyone really knows for sure all the details. Both
> > sides have potential alterior motives. That is a funny
> > line "deserves to die" now that line assumes that dying is a
> > negative thing. Ok? That is where I see a difference. I don't
> think
> > dying is negative. As I said before, Dying could be a great
relief
> > for her, an act of kindness. BUT NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE. It is
only
> > our opinions and how it brings out our BELIEFS and DESIRES. So
do
> > you have a living will?
>
> Yea, don't we spend like 1/3rd of health care spending on the last
3
> or 6 months of life.  That doesn't make sense, and relates to your
> point of viewing death as something to avoid as long as possible.
> This seems different.  We don't know for sure her condition.
> Evidently some prominient Dr.'s have indicated that she could
> progress.  Like you say, plenty of cross motives.
>
> I don't have a living will.  I pay $600.00/yr. for 500k term life
> insurance.  On the other hand, my wife knows pretty well how I
feel
> on such matters.  I am comfortable leaving it in her hands. I'd
tell
> her to go for the cash.
>
> lurk

I just copied a "durable power of attorney" and "Advanced directive"
prepared for clients of mine by a prominant attorney and filled in
my stuff. These forms are explicit and appoint a health care
representative as well as an alternative health care representative.
It is good to have one notarized and keep it in a safe deposit
box.This one requires a notary AND wintesses. I have heard that some
hospitals have not honored decisions to go without life support
without an advanced directive, even if your wife has the legal
authority... I mean look to the Terri Schiavo case. It is especially
important if you are single or gay. Now Lurk, you assume that you
won't need one because you are married. What if you and your wife
are in a car accident together and she dies and you are in a coma.
Who decides what happens? This can cause alot of family problems.
You need a directive whether or not you think you do! YOU BAD BOY GO
TO YOUR ATTORNEY! I bet you can find one online.