The now is the beginning, middle, and end. As there is no ability to cognize anything other than empty mind at last, there is nothing that can be cognized but empty mind. There is no question, and no answer more than that.  This is more than nothing, less than anything, it is the single most practical and profound technique of all ages. And you say it's a beginning. hahahahhhhaha.  If everyone stopped for a second ten times a day and merely took a deep breath and shook out their tension, and gave up, and surrendered all their thoughts and feelings to the now then many many better actions would be produced and all that better karma could undo some damage from occuring. People would see each other and nature and appreciate it more. Before they have heart attacks and have to take to the recliner on the porch and watching squirrels. If you ever forget the message then dance. They might think you're crazy but your really sivasakti. The master of the temple has no specific instruction.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Enlightenment in ten seconds

Comment below:

--- rudra_joe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you close your eyes for a second, even if you're
> a nonmeditator, you have a salient glimpse of
> yourself as empty, whether your mind is trained to
> think so or not.  If the mind can just let go and
> surrender everything to the moment and reside in
> presence then the mind has come into the focal point
> of the real and not the imagined, in the moment of
> now.  That presence of the now is itself ones own
> cognition, ones own self, as empty awareness.
> Simple.

That's the beginning of (no)Self realization and a
very good technique to transcend the vrittis of the
chitta. An empty mind does not = (no)Self. There's
still and implicit "I" thought or identity with subtle
aspects of mind. True vipassana meditation cuts
through this identification very quickly. If you can
quiet your mind through intent, vipassana is the way
to go. IMHO!
-Peter