--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Kenny H" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On Mar 25, 2005, at 6:18 PM, Bob Brigante wrote:
> >
> > > The only adaption that Maharishi has made to the Gurudakshina
is to
> > > front-load it
> >
> > The thing is Bob--MMY never set himself up as a Guru.
>
> I thoroughly disagree with this statement though I have heard people
> say it for years now and have hear Maharishi imtimate it. However,
> when you sit up in front of people and wait until someone puts your
> deerskin down before you get seated. when everyone stands up when
you
> come in the room, and waits for you to sit down and then sit down,
> when they hang on your every word and you have words to direct every
> aspect of a person's life, when you give people blessings to get
> married or advise against it, when you have men and women leading
> monkish lives and following your every advice, when you have a
> university in your own name and the basis of the universisty is
> development of consciousness, when people follow rigorous diets and
> follow what appear to be extreme suggestions for improving healtn
and
> the many others things I have left out, it is pretty hard to claim
> non-Guruhood.
> Ken

************

Until you know that: Maharishi slept on the floor at the foot of Guru
Dev's bed; people do not follow "rigorous diets," but in fact choose
what they want to eat; development of consciousness does not require
any devotion to a guru; the reporters at the White House stand up
when the President enters the room; Maharishi does not attempt to
direct every aspect of a person's life (but instead says "do as you
feel to do"); advised only a few people like Larry Domash not to get
married (because he would be able to devote more time and energy to
the TM movement, a reasonable suggestion for a key employee);
Ayurveda does not make extreme suggestions for improving health.

The guru-disciple relationship is much more close than what anybody
has with MMY. If you read about MMY's relationship with Guru Dev,
then you understand what it truly implies:

http://geocities.com/bbrigante/spiritual.html#dev