I love this, RudraJoe! Heart comes through loud and clear. So what's
the problem?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "rudra_joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> It's said Rory, that thoughts of the Absolute are the greatest sin
of all because the Absolute can only be aprehended in no-thought.
You have chosen to write in the Brahman Consciousness viewpoint, one
which I do not acknowledge.  For I am a Buddhist.  I only recognize
the Three Buddha Bodies.

> The difference being that the Three Buddha Bodies do not reify the
ego, because of a subtle twist of the intellect through using the
notion of 'void' versus the Hindu notion of 'God.'

> So I do not formally acknowledge the Absolute at all, but focus
entirely on the relative when not meditating. (Except when
meditation in action. ) The Absolute may know the Absolute or it may
not, the relative takes care of itself, all the better when the mind
merely lets go of it as well.

> I'm contrasting these two religious viewpoints to submit to you
that in spite of your assumption of Brahman your ego is reifying the
viewpoint also of Brahman, which means you cannot use the mind on
the relative task at hand. I submit that if you're able to maintain
both things, the relative working on the relative and the Absolute
Absolute, then there is in fact no need to mix the two states as per
convention because mixing them confuses them, and also confuses
other beings.

>   Moreover, and this is my real point, that the highest state of
awareness also brings with it the most acute understanding of pain,
temporality, and death, and therefore also brings compassion. It's
for this reason that all the deities have fangs, or blood dripping
or head malas, or stand on corpses, or are crucified, or hamstrung,
or minced into countless atoms.

> If you cannot formally acknowledge the depth and suffering of
beings simultaneously with your 'Brahman' then that state is
shallow. But I'll submit that you most likely can, and that, since
emotion is tejas it will brighten the entire vaishravana lake when
angry, and so on.  Yada yada. Which also why the admonitions about
how a split second of anger can destroy the tapas of lifetimes. Yada
yada

> Yada yada
> Yada yada
> Yada yada
> Yada yada
> Yada yada
>
> Being Brahman in action is mentally divisive. I mean, I'm doing
the same thing actually all the time, except that I'm trying to be
the Three Buddha Bodies.  I find it really spaces me out and makes
me so aware of my enviroment including the mental vibes that my
brain starts to fry, which is why I am always damping down with
drugs. I have to focus.  I decided I have a condition which isn't
formally acknowledged in Western medicine:

> To wit, as soon as I try I get so unbounded that my hold on
everything slips clean away and I space out bigtime. If I even so
much as meditate for ten minutes once a day with TM. It has to do
with soma production. Soma makes me space out hard. It also makes me
so calm that it makes motion very difficult.

> By profession I have to focus and I have to move.  So I must also
balance the two things. For the benefit of Kirk, it would have been
best if he had never learned TM at all because after every TM
session when Kirk's mind clears, he can't stand it and goes and
darkens the mirror.  It's a condition this playing hide and seek,
and yet, all the cool people wear shades. (Because the shades cool
one down.)

> However, the cool looking shades of drug abuse aren't in fact cool
at all but of the nature of mara, and when one trys to deny them
they screech and drag their claws through ones nerves. On the other
hand the wrathful deities of cognition really enjoy cognitive or
empathogen/entheogen drugs, as people who make breakthrough into
clear speech with the deities on DMT will tell you, the deities are
always thrilled when someone gets the vision and voice because it's
quite rare, or almost unheard of. I'm not saying difficult though as
it's easily possible, especially now.

> I mean Jesus, with the atmosphere of the world having had its
astral body almost burned off there's much less basic samsara for
all humans to worry about during meditation. I remember when the
astral still existed, it was really disgusting.  It's gone now. It
disappeared at about the Taste of Utopia conference. However the
causal or mental body still exists and it is very willfull and full
of conflict, expect it to go next, and then watch out as humans all
start to act like asuras or devas. Yet there may still be collective
pools of astral reified by the participants who just cannot let go
of their own emotional pollution. For those samsaric beings we must
have compassion.  But a quick upward glance or even the slightest
aspiration is enough now to bring a clearing.

> You say nothing but Brahman ever existed. I say Brahman is still a
relative state, a state of relatively identifying the Absolute, I
speak instead to the opposite state where one absolutely identifies
the relative.

to my
>   throat (mercury). They seem to take care of themselves nicely
>   without my having to micromanage it all. Those Hitlerian or
>   Nietzschian fantasies you spoke of can evaporate pretty damn
fast
>   when Brahman has you and it becomes abundantly obvious that you
>   are/have always been utterly perfect (just like the world) and
no
>   better and no worse than the dog feces by that fire hydrant.
>   Literally.
>
>   RudraJoe wrote:
>   <snip>  A beneficient mercury with a good saturn would make for
>   stable heaven on earth. If those two conditions change for
everyone
>   then how can heaven on earth be stable?  If I forget remind that
>   once had an answer to this before it runs away.
>
>   Rory wrote:
>   Heaven on Earth doesn't depend on anyone except You, as far as
You
>   are concerned. Once you jump in, the whole world changes; You
ARE
>   the whole world. This may not be a lot of fun at first (although
it
>   is an immense relief) but it can warm up pretty quickly to
sustain
>   any level of love/ecstasy. The paradox is -- always changing,
ever
>   the same. How do these two qualities can co-exist --
impermanence
>   and permanence? How can the Impersonal, unchanging Abyss can
also be
>   Lively and Personal? I can only say, it just IS. One of those
>   paradoxical qualities one can't wrap one's head around so long
as
>   one stays in slice-and-dice rational spacetime. Have to be
>   wholehearted to embrace it all -- jump right into the Abyss,
>   fearlessly and with full trust.
>

>   To subscribe, send a message to:
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>   Or go to:
>   and click 'Join This Group!'

>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of Service.