But as a final adendum to what I previously wrote, as the sacrifice of purusha to purusha the sort of sacrifice demanded of the truely pious by Maharishi would tend to make some people saints. I guess. I'm sorry to you peeps for maybe saying that you did wrong or anything because you didn't. What you did was follow your hearts and that was beautiful. And I applaud you all for it.  You guys rock. For real. Party On.
----- Original Message -----
From: rudra_joe
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Fw: Global Country

Thank You
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:28 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Fw: Global Country

Hey thanks Kirk for giving it some thought. You are a brilliant and
insightful man, WITH STRONG OPINIONS!

All the Best,

Jim

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "rudra_joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]...>
wrote:

> I understand, but by screaming at them if they are as ignorant as
> you are proclaiming, they will just heap scorn upon you, think you
> are crazy and go blithely about their ways. It honestly
accomplishes
> nothing, except allowing you to vent.
>

> ----Venting is ok. Nothing lost, but maybe someone with some sense
might get a clue.

> I've thought long and hard about the perennial subtext of many
> messages here; if Maharishi is so enlightened, then why is the
> Movement [that he started] so awful?
>
> ----Because he's actually ignorant. No?  being diabetic and eating
ice cream for a week is ignorant. Then touting ayurveda above
medicine and still using medicine is the wrong message. He's very
backwards. I bet you anything on earth that in The Mid East you will
find some of the most charismatic and peaceful, beautiful shaktifull
people you've ever gotten darshan from --- who are throwbacks to the
dark ages.

> Perhaps it is because he and Guru Dev have set the goal of
> enlightening the world in one lifetime; obviating ~250 generations
> of ignorance times about 8 billion souls on the planet.
>
> ----Fanatical thinking at best, completely blind and dullwitted at
worst. How can you enlighten 8 billion people when not a single
Movement person is enlightened as per maharishi's own definition?
Hahahahah.  You lose!

> That can't be easy! And who does he attract? Probably a lot of
> desperate people, who indulge in the same ignorant games within
the
> Movement as they would've outside it.
>
> ----He failed!
>
> And at the same time, he must continue to move the ball forward so
> to speak; continue to enlarge the spread and breadth of his
> Knowledge, while maintaining its purity.
>
> ----Yada yada.  His knowledge. BS. His borrowed knowledge and his
phoney holy tradition.

> I was fortunate in that I worked for the Movement for two and a
half
> years when I really had nothing else to do, worked hard, earned my
> benefits, made my conclusions, and moved on. No money lost,
learned
> the TM-Sidhis program and did lots of rounding. Salary was $5 to
> $25/month, room and board fit for a serf, but who cares, I wasn't
in
> it for the money or power.
>
> ----So you don't feel used then.
>
> I was aware there were people there, pretty clueless actually who
> were in it for their own aggrandizement (big fish in a little pond
> syndrome I call it). Whatever, that is their business and their
> problem and I'll have nothing to do with it.
>
> ----I never had anything to do with it, and I still don't.
>
> My advice (since you asked, ha ha)would be to just let it go.
>
> ---Well what else can I do Jim. I let go with a yell. If Jesus,
and Buddha, and Shankara, and Nanak all couldn't enlighten the
world, and they left legacies which still resonate, inspire us to
build worlds of greatness in our hearts and not in the streets, and
which still guide, based on aspiration to be moral, compasionate and
wise, then what makes someone think that some medieval throwback to
some nonexistant dreamed of reality called Vedic civilization,
ostensably merely some fantasy, how can such a master of dimness
take the world to some higher ground. It's Bullshit. Maharishi is
bullshit, and I could also give someone a technique that I merely
shitted out on a shingle, with some great high falutin philosophy
and it would move someone and they would follow, then give me their
bodies and souls and money and children's money, and guess what. If
I was a megalomaniac I would take it, and ask for more. Bye for now.