> > Patrick Gillam wrote:
>
> > It would be vastly entertaining for me to read a lucid
> > account of how the period before the mid-1970's differed
> > from the period after. Shannon talks about it a little, but
> > I'd welcome some elaboration.
>
> Rick Archer wrote:
>
> [Shannon is] thinking of writing a book. David Fiske offers some interesting
> perspectives, having been around for most of the 60's.

Perhaps that mid-70s transition is grist for Geoff Gilpin's mill.

One thing I've noticed in my readings is that different people set different
dates for
the end of the golden times with Maharishi. In _Call No Man Master_, Joyce
Collin-
Smith says the good times ended when the Beatles generation came on the scene
in
the late '60s. Here Shannon Dickson says it ended with the TM-Siddhis. Some
people
say it went south with some '80s-era price rise; others say the end was marked
by the
introduction of sthapatya-ved in the '90s.

Because so many people end the golden era at different times, I once tended to
view
the disaffections as having more to do with the people than the movement. Now
I'm
inclined to see those people as having different degrees of clarity in their
perception.
Those who bailed earlier may have seen more clearly.

 - Patrick Gillam