--- Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
snip
> I've had people say just that to me.
> They've said, "I've
> followed Maharishi this far and things have worked
> out pretty well for me. I
> don't understand why he says and does many things,
> but he's cosmic and I'm
> not, so I just have faith and try to stay attuned to
> his thinking."

I used to think this way too, but then I got to know
another guru just as enlightened as MMY. And guess
what, the difference is in the personality, just like
everybody else. Hardcore TMer's are, for the most
part, so isolated from any other traditions and
masters and so arrogant in their beliefs that they
have the "highest" knowledge, that they view every
wink, blink, and nod from MMY as "perfect." They fail
to recognize the concept of laisha vidya, the remains
of ignorance, and that Brahman functions "through"
this laisha vidya. It's not a difficult concept but it
forces you back on your own judgement which can be a
difficult thing, especially when your guru starts
going mad.
-Peter