> on 5/21/05 11:14 PM, bbrigante at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I am not cynical about Vedic knowledge at all, but what are 200
> > Purusha, who could not prevent (with their mighty emanations) a
legal
> > battle in Boone that resulted in their getting kicked off Heavenly
> > Mountain cuz the Ks were disaffected with the movement, supposed
> > accomplish in one of the most violent atmospheres on earth?:
>

> Maybe it was the Hand of God that kicked them out so they could go
> Lebanon where they are more sorely needed.

200 people who could not prevent a legal battle on their own turf are
just a negligible drop in the maelstrom of mideast violence. If they
went there to teach TM to the people, and got thousands meditating,
that would be useful, but a group which has proven its lack of
coherence-creating power (by failing to harmonize the Ks relationship
with the movement) and received the bums' rush for their incoherence,
should find a smaller problem, like maybe reducing the level of
violence at a small kindergarten in rural Vermont.

>Christ's Divinity couldn't earn
> him an inn room in which to be born, but he was born in exactly the
right
> place. You know the Indian story with the repeated punch
line, "Everything
> God does is for the best."? From
> http://www.rainsnow.org/wod_everything_happens_for_a_reason.htm:
>
> There was once a great Prime Minister in India who understood that
> everything that happens does so according to the will of God, and
that all
> the places, moments, and events of oneıs life are, therefore,
sacred.
> Whenever a father would say something like, "My son has died," this
Prime
> Minister would say to him: "Great. Itıs fine. Everything that God
does is
> for the best." If a woman came crying to him, "My husband has
passed away,"
> he would tell her, "Itıs all right. Donıt worry. Everything that
God does is
> for the best." The people reacted with violence and indignation
against him.
> They considered him to be crazy and insensitive, and continuously
schemed to
> drive him out of power.
>
> One day the royal barber was shaving the king, who had fallen
asleep in his
> chair. As he proceeded to cut the kingıs nails, the barberıs hand
slipped,
> and he accidentally cut off one of the fingertips of the king. The
enemies
> of the Prime Minister realized that this misfortune presented them
with a
> marvelous opportunity to teach him a lesson. They went running to
see him,
> and as soon as they had located him, exclaimed, "Prime Minister,
Prime
> Minister, the barber has cut off the kingıs finger!" The Prime
Minister, as
> they expected he would, replied: "Itıs all right. Itıs fine. No
problem.
> Everything that God does is for the best." The Prime Ministerıs
enemies, who
> had heard just what they wanted to hear, then ran back to the king
to tell
> him what his trusted adviser had said. Outraged, the king called
the Prime
> Minister before him, and shouted: "Idiot! Youıve been eating my
food and
> living from my wealth, and now you have the nerve to say that itıs
good that
> my fingerıs been cut off?!" And he ordered his soldiers to throw
the Prime
> Minister into prison, and told them to give him nothing to eat
except stale,
> hardened bread. "Now youıll get a firsthand chance to see that
everything
> God does is for the best," he told the Prime Minister, mockingly.
>
> The Prime Minister remained sitting in his cell, calmly reciting
the name of
> God. He did not act as one afflicted by misfortune, and later, when
people
> went to visit him and ask him how he was doing, he replied: "Very
well. God
> put me here, and itıs good."
>
> Several days later, the king went out on a hunting expedition into
the
> woods. During the course of his journey, he encountered a band of
fierce
> outlaws, whose chief was a worshipper of the Goddess Kali. The
bandit chief
> was required to sacrifice a person of importance to his Goddess,
and for
> this reason, he audaciously kidnapped the king, himself, and
dragged him to
> a temple to be slain. But upon carefully inspecting the captive
king in
> order to see if his body was whole, since they could only offer a
perfect
> specimen to their Goddess, they discovered that the point of his
finger had
> been severed, and told him: "Your body is imperfect. It is not pure
enough
> to be offered to the Goddess. You are not worthy." They therefore
released
> the king, who realized that were it not for the fact that he had
lost a
> finger, he would have lost his head. Remembering what the Prime
Minister had
> told him - "Everything God does is for the best" - he realized that
the
> adviser he had just recently thrown into prison had been right,
after all.

> The king, returning quickly to the capital, ordered the prisoner to
be set
> free, and when the Prime Minister appeared before him, the king
told him of
> his adventure, and said: "In my case, it was, indeed, good that I
lost my
> finger, but, what, I ask you, was the benefit to you, that you were
put into
> prison and given only dry scraps of bread to eat?" The Prime
Minister, at no
> loss of words, replied: "Your Majesty, if I had not been locked up
in
> prison, and left behind, I would have gone hunting with you, and
since my
> body is intact, the bandits would have sacrificed me to the
Goddess." And he
> concluded with his habitual refrain: "Everything God does is for
the bestŠ"

*****************

The thing is, and MMY has noted this, one of the reasons why India is
so vastly f-ed up is that the people have adopted an attitude of
passivity, which has resulted in the country being overrun by outside
cultures, and only freed from the latest, the Brits, under the grace
of Guru Dev.

The reason why Americans, despite their many faults, manage to get
things done, is because we value the saying "God helps those who help
themselves." It's OK to have a philosophical attitude toward the
vagaries of life, but refusing to take an active role in bettering
one's life and that of the society is a big mistake.