--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "george_deforest"

> of
> > >
> > > Never heard that Maharishi "cognized the vedas".
> > > Could you spezify please ?
> >
> > FWIW, Maharishi is credited with cognizing
> > the "uncreated commentary" of vedic literature in 1980,
> > in the official lists of his year by year achievements;
> > see http://www.alltm.org/Maharishi/Maharishi_year3.html
> >
> > another brief explanation:
> >
> > "In the early eighties, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi cognized the nature
> and
> > the details of this eternally fixed sequence of the words in Rik
> Veda.
> > This cognition of the inherent structure of Rik Veda is termed as
> > "Apaurusheya Bhasya," or uncreated commentary. It brings to light,
> > that the specific sequence of the letters, syllables, words, Padas,
> > Richas, Suktas and Mandalas of Rik Veda, form an eternal structure
> in
> > which every next expression provides a commentary on the previous
> > expression. Every following expression is a natural elaboration or
> > commentary on the expressions that are preceding it.
> >
> > From this it follows that all the knowledge of the entire Veda is
> > contained in the first word and indeed even in the first letter of
> the
> > Veda "A." The term "Apaurusheya Bhasya" further implies that it is
> > commentary provided by the structure of the Veda itself. The whole
> > essence of the Apaurusheya Bhasya can therefore be summarised in
> the
> > phrase: "Follow the sequence."
> >
> > Maharishi's Apaurusheya Bhasya has made clear to the world for the
> > first time in the history of mankind that the sequence of the Vedic
> > expressions is of an absolute significance. Only as such, the Veda
> can
> > be understood as the blueprint of Creation, or as Maharishi
> formulated
> > it in 1992, the Constitution of the Universe, containing the
> > structuring dynamics of all the Laws of Nature that govern all
> > evolutionary processes in the ever expanding universe.
> >
> > source: http://www.selfrealisation.net/VedicAstrology/instrman.htm
>
> Aparusheya Bhasya, thats right, forgot that one. Only a Maha Rishi
> could see the missing verse. Maharishi said he would write a
> commentary to the Brahma Sutras, if time allows.

I dont think so, this belongs to one in the process- An enlightened One would
not
congnise or need to cognize anything. This again us a basis for much confusion
as
peoplee think that one with a certain dress, from a certain country, with a
certain big
following, with certain insights, cognitions, revelations, and powers is
enlightened, but not
so.

And again, what is the purpose? The master can only take one as far as they
are. I dont
think it is reasonable to call one a Sat Guru if not capable to take one to
enlightenment,
that is just a guru that also can spark an awakening. For a completed
awakening, then this
is a sat guru

Speaking of which, here is a short commentary from Ramamaharihi about Guru:

 Guru is the Self....