http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/naomi-kleins-shock-doctrine

Has anyone read this book or know this author from other works?

Seems, from the article, that she's our Joan of Anti-Globalism.

Just this article alone chills my bones with the icy truths I so often
turn my gaze from.  I feel that if I read this book, I'll be
radicalized and get more pro-active than "mere voting."

Oh well, what else have I got to do?  I'm just an I, and even though
everything I do is a line on water, I STILL WANT TO DRAW THAT LINE.

However brief the line -- for a heartbeat only maybe -- at least for
that moment, on the other side of the line, clearly will stand "the
others," -- the monsters of earth who kill children -- not just before
breakfast, but endlessly, day and night, with bombs, guns, machetes,
jack boots, starvation, thirst and hate.

These monsters have, before the eyes of the world, ground the American
Dream into the evil paste of flesh and mud in the treads of tanks.  We
have never been perfect, oh so far from it, but now they take even our
love-dream of a fair, just, even glorious, nation and try to make us
turn to loving-to-hate anything that the headlines shine a light on,
to have us positively gleeful for the carnage, worshipful of the gore
of innocents splattered on every wall in Bagdad, and to want this
until every last non-American has been murdered for their riches under
their very feet.

Man, this post alone has me steamed -- do I dare read this book?

Edg