I think I have run into more than 20 people in the last 1.5 years claiming
enlightenment,
most are self declared in one form or another ( the other is some confusingh
thing where I
think they are claiming enlightenment but I have to guess at what it is they
are claiming).
Often it is their inner guru in the form of a personalized Guru or something
like this.

 One on youtube said he was "afforded the name jananoff and declared in God
consciousness by none other than Lord shiva himself"

The same one's brother claimed he was declared enlightened by his guru, but
then in
closer scrutiny, the Guru only said something to the effect that the disciple
is progressing,
then the Guru moved on the mahasamaddhi, and after this, it was in a vision
that his Guru
afforded him this title. This guy falslely accused me of practicing witchcraft
and also being
a mason.

My opinion is if the vast majority of those I have encountered claiming
enlightenment were
to be face to face with a living Sat Guru, they would be advised that there is
yet further to
go, there is no "me", no "ego", no mind rerooting in enlightenment.

The majority of these people won't hear one word of this, would not come within
10 feet of
a Sat Guru (a real one not interested in money, getting disciples, or handing
out ego
candy). If they do, it would only be on an equal level and the door would be
closed for
hearing one word that suggests there is yet further to go.

Ramana has pointed out that it is a very rare one that will make it without a
guru. This
opinion I have is not popular but I frankly don't give a rats ass about
popularity. It
wouldn't surprise me that those in the category i mentioned won't even read
this.

There is a usefulness to this though in my opinion. My experience with those in
the
category I mentioned compared to with those that legitimately are enlightened
is vastly
different , the difference between walking away in a lasting clarity compared
with a
disharmonious surrounding air of confusion.

It appears the people think they are accessing deeper levels than what is
taking place, I
asked my Guru how it is that this can happen. The answer was that the basis for
it is one
is now different than they were, so this is thought to be the enlightenment.
Again, my
guru said this is why it is very important that there be a one to one
relationship with the
living Guru.

And yes, to those who disagree with my opinions, I am very arrogant. I think it
can be
understood why this is so.

Hridaya Puri