> On Sep 25, 2007, at 9:20 AM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:
> > <snip>
> >> Actually Lurk I thought the little boy was quite cute and sang
> >> beautifully, but for somebody to say "they were almost converted
> >> to Islam on the spot", based  on a cute child, sweet voice and
> >> luring melody was pretty emotional and lacked  reason.
> >
> > What lacks reason, MDixon, is that you took my
> > obviously wildly hyperbolic comment literally.
> >
> > Unbelievable.
>
> A perfect example, Judy, of becoming a victim of your
> own-hyper-vigilance:  I took it exactly the same way MD
> did as well. It didn't sound to me at all like hyperbole,
> the way you phrased it.

But MD claims he knew it *was* hyperbole.

Oopsie!

> And, seeing as how you are all for holding everyone's feet
> to the fire to say *exactly* what they mean, I took it at
> face value.

No, that's bullshit, Sal. I never dump on people
for using hyperbole as long as it's clear it's
hyperbole, and I use it myself from time to time.

This was *obviously* hyperbole, humorous hyperbole
at that.

  Of course I
> found it odd, but without emoticons, it sounded like it might be a
> possibility, however remote.

<snicker> That's why you took it "at face value,"
because you thought it was a remote possibility?