authfriend wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>   In fact the impression I got was that
>
>> the war was more a failed exercise in trying to
>> reduce the world's population dramatically.  And there
>> is a section on how they got people in the US to buy
>> bonds to finance the war but no answer as to who made
>> all the money off the weapons sales.  That should be
>> part of the story too.
>>

> Then it would be a very different documentary
> with a whole different purpose and approach.

But any thinking person watching the documentary will begin to ponder
how the madmen came to power.  They didn't just do it by themselves.
Some folks here ought to be asking how MMY became so big too.

>> And isn't it interesting at a time when there is much
>> saber rattling over Iran such a documentary should come
>> out?
>>

> No. They started working on it six years ago.

Yes but that was back in the "Saving Private Ryan", "Band of Brothers"
and other WWII stuff came out.  What I am saying is that having it on
now sort of may glorify the idea of war to people but not if people
watch it since there is a lot of things (as Burn's mentioned last night
on Bill Maher's show) that people were reluctant to talk about until now.

Maher and Burns talked about "sacrifice" last night and how we've not
"sacrificed" anything for Iraq.  Well first off ask the families who've
lost loved ones during the Iraqi conquest about that.  Secondly my reply
is we shouldn't be making any sacrifice as there shouldn't be any war to
sacrifice for.  That's just the scheme of the crooks in the White House
and of course their backers.  They're the ones who should be
sacrificed.  Also we must keep in mind as was pointed out in episode two
of the series that coming out of a depression WWII was like a big WPA
project and many jobs opened up for the unemployed.  And also it will be
interesting to see if they also mention how unemployment went on the
rise again after the war when those jobs went away.