France honours David Lynch 'genius'

 PARIS  ( 2007-10-01 21:37:43 )  :   Cult US filmmaker David Lynch was awarded
France's top honour on Monday by President Nicolas Sarkozy, who  praised his
eclectic ‘genius’ before a room packed with film  stars.

"My French is poor, but my heart is rich today thanks  to you," Lynch told the
president in halting French after receiving  the Legion of Honour.

"It's no secret that I love France, the  art-making, art-loving and
art-supporting people of France," Lynch  continued in English, flanked by his
partner Emily Stofle, film  director Roman Polanski, and actresses Fanny Ardant
and Charlotte  Rampling.

"I wish the very best for this great country and  for you Mr president I wish
you maximum success."

Sarkozy  told Lynch that seeing "Elephant Man" as a teenager had  "definitively
convinced" him that "cinema was a highly important  matter."

"I love your way of testing reality to discover the  truth behind it," he told
the man behind "Sailor and Lula",  "Mulholland Drive" and the television series
"Twin Peaks".

"I  love your way of touching on everything: film, art, photography,  even
furniture. When I think people here call me the cannibal  president, at last I
meet a guy who wants to do more than I do!" he  quipped.

Sarkozy said he appreciated Lynch's "honesty" and  jokingly thanked him for his
support despite the fact he was "not  sure that you and your friends are
one-hundred percent  right-wing."

Lynch, who practices transcendental meditation  in search of "peace and
invincibility", ended the meeting by asking  Sarkozy to build a tower of
invincibility in Paris.

 COPYRIGHT AFP (AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE),  2007
  See also: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7022158.stm

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

Everything for everyone everywhere
visit: www.globalgoodnews.com

•  Positive Trends—read about the growing positivity in world events:
http://www.globalgoodnews.com

•  Successes—ushering in the Age of Enlightenment:
http://www.globalgoodnews.com

•  Watch Live—direct access to the Maharishi Channel:
http://globalgoodnews.com/watch-live.html

•  Excellence in Action—for teachers and students:
http://excellenceinaction.globalgoodnews.com

•  Worldwide Links—the major links to Maharishi's Programmes around the world:
http://globalgoodnews.com/worldwide-links.html

•  Peer Reviewed Research—http://www.globalgoodnews.com/research.html

•  Maharishi's Weekly Press Conference Highlights—an archive of pure knowledge
since 2004:
http://globalgoodnews.com/watch-live.html

•  Maharishi's Programmes—every aspect of life in terms of Maharishi's Vedic
Science:
http://maharishi-programmes.globalgoodnews.com

•  Celebration Calendars—The Vedic Calendar and National Day Calendar:
http://calendars.globalgoodnews.com

•  Album of Events—featuring slide shows from around the world:
http://pictures.globalgoodnews.com/index.html

•  Ultimate Gifts--bringing fulfilment to life:
http://gifts.globalgoodnews.com

•  GGN TV Ads—for your local television station:
http://www.globalgoodnews.com/tv-ad.html
  The email you are subscribed with is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe click here:
Click here to unsubscribe
To change your email click here:
Click here to change your email
  To view previous newsletters go to:
http://www.globalcountry.org.uk/news.php
  Our e-mail virus policy: All our subscriber newsletters are sent without
attachments. If you (or anyone you know) happens to receive an unsolicited
e-mail carrying an attachment appearing to be originating from us, please do
NOT open it. We have NOT sent it.

Jetzt Mails schnell in einem Vorschaufenster überfliegen. Dies und viel mehr
bietet das  neue Yahoo! Mail.