> In a message dated 10/4/07 11:12:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> I'm glad  it worked out for you, and your health has greatly improved.
> I guess as a  last resort Bevan could go under the knife, but I would
> prefer to see him  locked in his room and handed 1500 calories of rice
> and dahl a  day...
>

> He can't do it. Otherwise he would have by now. It requires too much
> discipline and a struggle with a lot of *inner  demons*.

Memory of Bevan, way back, 27 years ago, Sept., '80 - MIU dining hall - a few
days before
or after he became MIU President, and before Kingsley Brooks as Bevan's
assistant became
attached at the hip to Bevan - before Bevan had an entourage.   Late in the
lunch hour,
with about 1/4 of the diners remaining in the hall, Bevan sat down alone, at
the far end of
the dining hall, facing the diners.  From half-way across the dining hall, my
attention to
my own meal was distracted by the rapid pace with which he, Bevan,  shoveled
large gobs
of corn and rice into his face.  It wasn't that he was in a general hurry, but
a specific hurry
to devour the food.....