> > 5005375,00.html

> > > This is really interesting.   When I first looked at it, it was
> > > clockwise.  Then after I had read the writing on the left and
> > > looked back, it switched.  This happened a few times. First
> > > clockwise then after reading, the switch.  I guess reading
kicks
> > > in the left brain.
> >
> > That *is* interesting. You'd see it clockwise
> > first, I'd guess, because you're a musician and
> > use your right brain more.
> >
> > Can you make it switch at will, without looking
> > away? I can, but only at certain points, when
> > the lifted leg is parallel to the plane of the
> > screen. I can make her go back and forth in
> > half-circles without ever swinging the leg
> > behind her.
>
> I discovered that what would make it shift
> for me every time was to close one eye, and
> then open both. Right eye keyed to left brain,
> left eye to right brain, that sorta thing.
>
> I wonder whether which direction you see it
> spinning in when you first see it has anything
> to do with which of your eyes is dominant? One
> of them always is. My left eye is way dominant,
> so I saw her spinning to the right? Who knows?

My right eye is dominant, but if I close that eye
before I click the link, I still see her turning
counterclockwise initially. So I think it has more
to do  with which brain hemisphere is dominant
than with which eye is dominant; the former
overrides the latter, in other words, at least in
this instance.

I'm *very* left-brained, so it's not surprising
I'd see her turning counterclockwise to start with.
But it's nice to know I can make her switch at will.
I can almost feel something happening in my brain
when I switch.