> On Oct 14, 2007, at 3:47 AM, jim_flanegin wrote:
>
> > Embarrassingly bad music-- no musical talent at all.
>

> Notorious "guru" as well:
>
> Sri Chinmoy also finds other ways for his disciples to please him.
>
> I lived a celibate life for ten years and barely even looked into
> man's eyes, other than Chinmoy. But then in the fall of 1991, when
> was getting in shape and exercising a lot, out of the blue,
Chinmoy
> invited me to join a group trip out of New York for a peace
concert
> near San Francisco. He even offered to pay for me when I said I
> didn't have the money. I was very honored by this gesture. After
the
> concert a woman I knew as the leader of the San Francisco Center
> approached me and said that Chinmoy wanted me to go to his room.
She
> gave me a piece of paper with the room number on it.
>
> After going to my room to tidy up, I nervously went to his room.
> thought I had been invited to a special private party or function
and
> never dreamed that it was for sex. After a short interview about
my
> previous sexual experiences Chinmoy said, "You should surrender
your
> vital (sexual) energy to me." I folded my hands, looked him in
the
> eyes and offered him my energy, but he indicated that this wasn't
> enough. So then I said, "Supreme I bow to thee," a few times. He
had
> me embrace him, I hugged him, feeling very warm and loving, but
not
> aroused. Then Chinmoy told me to take my clothes off. I was
shocked!
> However, prior to being in the Center, I had been very open
minded,
> so I was happy and not angry. I took off my clothes, he then
removed
> his and we proceeded to have sex. Afterward, he told me that I
must
> never tell anyone. He said that I was specially chosen and that
this
> was not rally sex, but his life breath, which he was giving me.
He
> also mentioned that if anything happened, such as a.pregnancy, I
> should not even tell him, but instead go immediately to a clinic
for
> an abortion.
>
> Having spent the last 10 years worshiping Chinmoy as a God, I
didn't
> question this.

Granted, Chinmoy sounds like quite the lech and scammer, but
regarding those that fall for it, What Is Wrong With These People!??

Why not a kick in the balls for this creep instead? I am
not "blaming the victim" here, as it is clear Chinmoy instigated
this scam, but come on, why get soooo very lost in the teacher that
all ability to have a life, or maintain some critical thinking
skills, is lost?