Marek you really combined our divergent perspective, well done!  I
will always be fascinated by religious symbols and you presented one
of the possible reasons why.  If they are symbols,archetypes of our
consciousness, they should have a profound effect when we dwell on
them, even emotionally.  I am happy at my end of the continuum in this
discussion but I really admire your ability to grok all the extremes
and come up with your own individual take.

I once took a first date to an exhibit of voodoo temples that was in
Baltimore and represented the biggest exhibit of them in the US ever
before.  They had dozens of complete alters.  Voodoo really scrambles
the images, Jesus painted on rum bottles and all sorts of unusual
pairing of symbols.  I was blown away by it all.  My date...not so
much!  It put our first meeting in a bit too exotic a setting for her
and that was really all I needed to know!  The fact that your girl can
hang with your interest is a great sign!

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>