First, her open letter:

Rick wrote:
The Wednesday Night Chat group (WNC) is like a select group of people who have
been
invited ...

Bronte:
"Select" -- your word choice. This is a group of "elite."

Rick:
to a cordial discussion in someone's living room.

Bronte:
Except when someone dares to disagree with elite opinion.

Rick:
In fact, it's almost literally an extension of Tom's living room.

Bronte:
Except when some of you were thinking of moving the group to a public building.
Don't
blame the elitist attitude on Tom's living room.

Rick:
Certain behavior appropriate in FFL is inappropriate in WNC.

Bronte:
You're prescribing behavior now, Archer. How elitist is that? You want to
control not only
how WNC members think but how they behave as well? There is a more appropriate
word
for that: fascist.

Rick:
Some people in WNC also belong to FFL and enjoy both, each for different
reasons.

Bronte:
WNC will never become FFL because it's made up of different people. Let people
be people.
Let them be who they are. Quit prescribing and demanding certain behaviors.
I've received
half a dozen emails from WNC members thanking me for what I'm saying about the
unspoken problem in the group, and for the interesting posts. Anyone who
doesn't like
what anyone else writes doesn't have to read it. To silence another's freedom
of speech
because you don't like what they said is fascist. Ugly word, absolutely
appropriate. Quit
white-washing elitism, folks. Archer, you are supporting and enforcing it. I am
profoundly
disappointed to see this in you.

Rick:
Others in WNC intentionally avoid FFL because they don't like the rough and
tumble
atmosphere there. Out of respect to those people and the unique purpose of WNC,
I think I
reflect the majority in requesting that we don't bring the behavior of FFL into
WNC.

Bronte:
"Bring the behavior of FFL into WNC"? You mean because I call a spade a spade
when I see
it? What kind of people is this "majority" you speak for that they want to
silence others or
curtail their expression simply for having points of view that disagree with
theirs? I have
done nothing inappropriate. Did you write a preachy letter like this to Nate,
Mr. Archer, for
his vitriolic obscenity-strewn tirade in this forum? Not that I objected, it
came from his
honesty. Sometimes honesty and strong sincere feelings make people have to
speak like
that. But I ask, did he get a preachy little letter, too, telling him to behave
properly or risk
being silenced? Of course not. Not because his behavior was not objectionable
to your
delicate tastes, but because he wasn't rocking the "idea" boat. Only people who
do that are
not welcome here. Well, I'm going to make you do it, Archer. You are going to
have to
choose between being the lackey for people who want to silence and control
others, or you
can choose to get off this soapbox.

Rick:
When you joined FFL Bronte, you found much of the language and behavior
offensive. At
your request, I attempted to clean it up.

Bronte:
And we made it better through those efforts. There was no rule imposed from on
high.
Improving the civility was a group effort, a consensus.

Rick:
I am getting emails on the side asking me to "unsubscribe" you from the group.

Bronte:
Well, Rick, go figure.

Rick:
I don't want to do that, just as I've never (but once) banned anyone from FFL.

Bronte:
If you want to be the henchmen of those who would control the thoughts and
actions of
others, then do your dirty work, Rick Archer.

Rick:
So I'm asking you politely to consider these points.

Bronte:
"Politely" being the sugar-coat that's supposed to disguise your fascist-like
ultimatum as
acceptable.

Rick:
Let `er rip in FFL but please attune yourself to the very different atmosphere
of WNC if
you're going to post here.

Bronte:
I shall not be different people when I write to different chat groups just to
please the
controlling intentions of the very people whose agenda I have exposed. I shall
write as I
am and from who I am. If you want to silence me, those of you who hide behind
Rick
Archer, let that be your karma. You would have done well in Nazi Germany or in
France
around the fire in the witch burnings. How are you being any different? Only
the scale of
seriousness is changed.

Angela has been writing FFL that she believes the New Age movement has brought
to bear
a philosophy that supports fascist thinking, that in the end will make people
capable of
everything the Nazis were capable of in their day. I found that a little
extreme. But in the
past few days, "fascist" is an adjective that sadly has entered my vocabulary.
I'm now
seriously wondering if Angela is right. Has it really come to this? Have my
friends from the
days of early TM really changed in 20 years from kind-hearted idealists working
to try and
create world peace, to become today cloak-and-dagger silencers with henchmen
who
throw independent thinkers from their midst?

Look in your hearts, people. Do you have a conscience left, or have you already
surrendered that to "universal mind"? Take some individual responsibility.
Speak up for the
right thing here. Those of you who've spoken for repression, remember your
youthful
ideals. Is this the kind of person you ever intended to be?

It's time for some clean-up, folks, and I don't mean the kind that kicks Bronte
Baxter off
the forum. If that's what you choose to do, it's no real loss to me. I was just
passing
through, tossing out some fun, maybe useful, ideas while in the neighborhood.
This chat
room? I take it or leave it. If you elect to silence a voice, a voice that
causes you to think,
the loss is in what you do to your soul. I know, you think you don't have one.
Which is why
your situation is so very scary and precarious.

Wishing you all love and light, but most of all, purification -
Your friend, Bronte

Then her departure letter:

Inasmuch as there has been no response to my open letter, and the person who
invited me
to join the satsang now considers me an embarrassment, I have elected to leave
this
group. Thanks to those of you who supported a democracization of policy, but
the
majority of your peers wish to maintain intellectual fascism and elitism. Why
waste one's
time talking to mentally ingrown people? It just drains the energy.

To the person who wanted to converse and share, thanks so much. Later I may
answer
your last post privately. At the moment, however, I have no heart for writing.
I am
profoundly sorry for the choices this group, and my friend in particular, have
made. When
people care more about impressing others than about fairness and friendship,
the grounds
for true dialogue implode. Enjoy your clique, and may you find many new
recruits to feed
your collective delusions. If what you all have enlightenment, may I ever be
spared from it.

Please remove me from your mailing list.

- Bronte Baxter