The Prophet Of Climate Change:
James Lovelock

By Jeff Goodell

Rollingstone

At the age of eighty-eight, after four children and a long and respected
career as one of the twentieth century's most influential scientists,
James Lovelock has come to an unsettling conclusion: The human race is
doomed. "I wish I could be more hopeful," he tells me one sunny morning
as we walk through a park in Oslo, where he is giving a talk at a
university. Lovelock is a small man, unfailingly polite, with white hair
and round, owlish glasses. His step is jaunty, his mind lively, his
manner anything but gloomy. In fact, the coming of the Four Horsemen --
war, famine, pestilence and death -- seems to perk him up. "It will be a
dark time," Lovelock admits. "But for those who survive, I suspect it
will be rather exciting."

more...
http://www.countercurrents.org/goodell291007.htm