-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Duveyoung wrote:
> > Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: 9-11 -- The Inside Job was merely a blip
> > (snip .... thought police)
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> >> It's good to look at 9-11 like a mystery movie.  It would be like
one of
> >> those movies were a dirty cop kills some innocent person and an
equally
> >> corrupt police force covers up for him.  In the process private
> >> detectives and journalists begin to uncover what really went on.   Of
> >> course the corrupt police hassles them and try to throw them off
as they
> >> get too close to the truth.
> >>
> >> Likewise if 9-11 were an inside job then of course they it would make
> >> perfect sense that the perpetrators would use disinformation to throw
> >> 9-11 truthers off course.  Many of the 9-11 truth people go to great
> >> pains to filter out disinformation and incorrect evidence.
They're not
> >> going to be perfect but neither are the perps.  Time will tell.
> >>

> > Justifying the 9/11 conspiracy theories by suggesting
> > they're like what's portrayed in the movies is more
> > revealing than you realize.
> >
> The movie example (as you should well know) is used as an illustration
> of a cover-up.  We've had a number of "cover-ups" exposed during our
> lifetime.

So why not use a *real* cover-up as an example?

> Why would 9-11 be any different?

There, you just did it again: Because there have
been "cover-ups" in the past, therefore there must
have been a "cover-up" of 9/11.

Not every story backed by the government is a
cover-up, Bhairitu. Nothing wrong with looking at
government-backed stories more closely, but when
you look and look and don't *find* anything that
holds up under examination, it's time to give the
cover-up theory a rest.

  That is unless you actually
> believe that 19 terrorists armed with box cutters pulled the
> thing off.

They certainly pulled off the actual attacks.
Whether they had some help from unknown sources
is another question entirely.

<snip>
> Those are the pages I checked earlier right out of the book BUT it
> doesn't say anything there that specifically "Angel" was a "secret"
> codeword.  The top secret code words and procedures would refer to the
> ones that allowed them to communicate the message.

Oh, come on. Talk about a stretch! "Top secret code
words" clearly refers to "Angel." And if the code
word is "inside information," that also implies
secrecy.

Here's something Tarpley said during an interview:

"'Angel is next' implies the top-secret codename or
codeword for the Presidential aircraft, Air Force One."

The administration is caught in a dilemma here.
If the "message" was just a misunderstanding, it
makes Bush look very foolish for not coming back
to D.C. right away and going through all kinds of
"aimless" maneuvers. If it *wasn't* a
misunderstanding, as Tarpley correctly says, it
would implicate people within the administration
in 9/11.

<snip>
> > It's a *non sequitur joke*. You've got things very
> > confused in your mind about my position.
> >
> ROTFL!  Position? Tap dancing would be more like it.

Not. My position is entirely consistent. Your
eyes are tap dancing. You still don't see where
you got it wrong.

<snip>
> > Start with 911myths.com and debunking911.com. They
> > have links to lots of other debunking sites. Some
> > are better than others, of course.
> >
> So why should be believe them any more than we should believe the 911
> truth sites?

Up to you. The guy who put them up (I think he's
responsible for both of them) says over and over
again that we shouldn't take his word for anything.

<snip>
> >> That is bunk.  Conspiracies are a part of history.  For some bizarre
> >> reason you don't like to admit to them.
> >
> > Never said conspiracies weren't a part of history.
> > I'll "admit" to plenty of 'em. For some bizarre
> > reason you believe anybody who thinks the 9/11
> > conspiracy theories are bunk must be unwilling
> > to entertain the idea that there have ever been
> > *any* conspiracies--as if the fact that there have
> > been conspiracies in the past means the 9/11
> > conspiracy theories must be true. That's so
> > illogical it borders on the irrational.
> >
> No, I never said that.  You're jumping to conclusions again.

It's the logical implication of what you said
above. And it's also just plain wrong. You don't
have a clue what conspiracies I think are real,
yet you claim I won't admit to any of them because
I'm dubious about *one* of them.

FYI, just for example, I'm virtually positive there
were conspiracies to assassinate JFK, Martin Luther
King, Jr., and Bobby Kennedy.

I also don't think all crop circles are human-made,
nor that UFOs are just a function of human
misperception or delusion. I think the government
is holding back information about both, particularly
UFOs.

So don't give me this "You don't like to admit to
conspiracies" crap just because I don't buy into
all of them.

<snip>

> >> There are no contradictions in my arguments.  You're just
> >> making that up.
> >
> > I just cited a contradiction. Read what I wrote
> > again, please.
>
> That's a long stretch.

Nope. You claimed I haven't looked into the 9/11
theories much, but if I hadn't, why would I say
Popular Mechanics did a lousy job of debunking them?
Many people thought the magazine did a superb,
definitive job.