--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
> <richardhughes103@> wrote:
>

> FWIW, I kinda like Mitch Mitchell's "jazzy" off beat(?) drumwork,
> e.g. in Spanish Castle Magic. If only he'd had e.g. Lugdiw drums
> instead of those "lousy" Premiers...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRZPM4sKNIM

He's an excellent drummer but I always thought his syncopated beats
didn't really work with hendrix, I think someone with a solid backbeat
like Led Zeps John Bonham would have worked better to anchor the whole
sound.

Agree with you about the premiers, I never liked them. As it happens,
Ludwig have just released replicas of their old classic drums (drool,
drool) but at greater expense than I can manage.

Just in case you missed John Bonham (how likely is that?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl_h586Ep9M

Drumming in that is way harder than it sounds.

And why not have a go yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-p1gHyqhnw