--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Then my original question about your obligations as a favored
white dude still stands. But, maybe, in America the ancient European
tradition of "noblesse oblige" has lost its relevance.  Too
bad.  "I'm in a good incarnation and fuck you" doesn't strike me as
a viable means to planetary stewardship, but that does seem to be
the way things are with 30% white folks and 70% colored folks on
this small rock. It is a fact that it's still a man's world, and,
moreover, a white man's world. But it's condition does not speak
well for you.  a

At this point you appear to be ascribing way too much power to the
fact that I am an american white male. I do my best to act in a way
that is responsible, kind and reasonable, even to other white
american males. Even if I was a non white, female non american, I'd
do the same.

Other than that, if you are suggesting that I have the ability to
have a far reaching impact on the entire world's population through
some mechanism like charity or government or politics, merely
because of my gender, skin color and nationality, that seems out of
perspective with regard to what we are discussing.