--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
> <j_alexander_stanley@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Just since last week I came across this extension to Firefox:
> > > http://adblockplus.org/en/ I don't know how I could live so long
> > > without it! No ads anymore, no Google context ads, no flash banners
> > > anymore, no ads in Yahoo, simply no ads at all. Now this is a major
> > > adon to Firefox, the main product of Mozilla, which Google is
> > > sponsoring in a mayor way. Cool.
> >
> > I've been using a combo of Adblock and Filterset.G for a long time. I
> > tried Adblock Plus, but I didn't like the big icon it puts in the
> > browser, and some pages were rendering with a much larger gap where
> > the ad would be than with the original Adblock.
>
> Don't know about the second point, but the icon you can get rid of
> easily: There is a little arrow next to it, from the context menu
> >Options > tack> show in symbol bar, the the icon disappears. You
> can get to options again in menu extra.

So, I woke up to discover that Windows had updated itself and
rebooted, and when I fired up Firefox, all the ads were being
displayed. Grrrrrrr... So, after uninstalling Adblock and Filterset.G,
installing Adblock Plus, seeing that Adblock Plus works, uninstalling
Adblock Plus, reinstalling Adblock and Filterset.G, seeing that it
still didn't work, uninstalling Adblock but leaving Filterset.G
installed, and finally reinstalling Adblock Plus, everything works
perfectly. The rendering issue with the large gap goes away with the
addition of Filterset.G, so that must be a feature of Filterset.G's
specific filters and not Adblock/Adblock Plus.