Vaj wrote:
> In this context, "tradition" means "practical tradition" not
> merely passing on of customs or some habitual cookie-cutter
> teaching.

So, let's figure out what tradition we are talking about.

Guru Dev was a disciple of Swami Krishananda of Sringeri. Guru
Dev was a tantric guru who practiced the Sri Vidya. But,
according to some respondents, Guru Dev has no connection to
any mantras at all, including those of Srividya, and least of
all to any TM bija-mantras! Yet, the Sri Yantra at Sringeri,
the tantric mnemonic device par excelence, which reposes behind
the image of the Tri Pura Sundari, at the Sringeri Matha,
contains at least two TM bija-mantras inscribed thereon.

So, lets go figure.

Read more:

Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
From: Willytex