<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > LOL! good one! Yes, enlightenment is one big fantasy, designed
> > make those who have worked so hard to achieve this state "feel
good"
> > and disassociate from Reality! Whoooooo HA! See if you can sell
that
> > load of malarkey to someone-- oh wait, you just bought it-- LOL!
> >

> I am just talking about the formulation of enlightenment by MMY.
In
> his system sidhis are needed as sigh posts of enlightenment. No
sidhis
> mastery, no enlightenment.  I admire him for his lack of "wiggle
room"
> about this connection.  Anyone "enlightened" without sidhis is
using a
> different system of evaluation from MMY.
>
> BTW do you believe that the rapture of Christianity is a fantasy?
> Same thing for me so far about enlightenment.  But perhaps someone
> will hover in the air someday and I can happily amend my
opinion.

I doubt that very much Curtis. There are people on this forum that
would and do renounce the reality of enlightenment, no matter what
is presented to them. Why? Because all enlightenment is, is a
radical departure from how we see ourselves in terms of our
relationship with our universe; with no longer any stories or
concepts filtering our immediate experience. That is a very
threatening reality to many, despite in most cases their former
years being supposedly committed to the dissolution of such stories
and filters. As I like to say of such peoples' thinking, "unbounded
awareness is great, but enough is enough".

So continue as you choose to doubt and question and challenge, and
in general protect all that you think is yours. Make every statement
in favor of enlightenment, here and now, a rebuttal of
your "precious" and protected self. Define each statement in favor
of eternal freedom, available right now, in terms of a strange
dualistic concept, where everything stated as Real is found to be
either above or below you, either inferior or superior. Continue to
ridicule and cast doubt on those who have awakened to life's
Reality.

I see clearly that there is nothing to be done about it, unless and
until you and others choose to literally change your minds and
hearts. I have nothing to prove to you, nor do I write for your
benefit, as you have amply demonstrated.