Card sez:

  So, the first words seem to claim that 'prakriti is saamyaavasthaa
of sattva, rajas and tamas'. Now we have to find out, what the heck
that word means. (It seems to consist of 'saamya' and 'avasthaa').

"sAmyAvasthA f. a state of equipoise (of the 3 constituent
ingredients of Prakr2iti ; see %{guNa}) Sarvad. Sa1m2khyak.: RTL.32".

Of course, we can also put 'prakriti' as a complement(? ):

The equipoise of sattva, rajas and tamas is [called] prakriti.

  The Kramadipika:

  THE AVYAKTA
  He then continues: 1. "Here then the Avyakta, neuter (the undeveloped), is
explained. As in the world various objects such as water-jars, cloth, vases,
beds, &c., are manifest, not so is the Avyakta manifest. It is not apprehended
by the senses, such as the ear, etc. And why? Because it has neither beginning,
middle nor end, nor has it any parts. It is inaudible, intangible, invisible,
indestructible, eternal, without savour and odour. The learned declare it to be
without beginning and middle, to be beyond what is great, unchanging,
pre-eminent. And again, this Avyakta is subtle, without attributes, without
beginning or end, producing (Prasuta), but alone of all the eight Prakritis
unproduced (Aprasuta), without parts, one only, but common to all. "

  THREE GUNAS
  Whenever this triad is perceived in the world it is clear that agency belongs
to the Gunas, and it follows that Purusha is not the agent.
  Deceived by passion and darkness, and taking a wrong view of these Gunas
which belong to Prakriti, not to himself, a fool imagines that he himself is
the agent, though in reality he is unable by himself to bend even a straw. Nay,
he becomes an agent, as it were, foolish and intoxicated by vain imagination
and saying, "All this was made by me and belongs to me."