"Me, too, but that would have taken away the conundrum
aspect of it all, and most of the time I really *enjoy*
that -- not knowing exactly what to think about it all."

Being comfortable with ambiguity.  That takes a bit of practice
doesn't it?  Thanks for the detailed response.

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > > "Curtis, I'm *more* than open to suggestions from
> > > you or anyone else as to how these things could
> > > have been "staged" by a magician. I don't see that
> > > as being a relevant option when trying to "explain
> > > away" this particular guy's levitations."
> >
> > Your experiences are really compelling and I am not inclined to just
> > toss them handily in some "I know what happened" box." That is one
> > of the reasons I really enjoy your descriptions. I wish I could
> > have had my own mind blown that way!
>
> Be careful what you wish for...you just might
> get it. :-) As I've suggested, having to live
> with this stuff is not as easy as it sounds.
>
> Thanks for replying...I'll spend my last post
> of the week bouncing off of your impressions
> (as opposed to arguing with them).
>
> > There are levitation tricks for small groups that can be practiced
> > on the street, but I don't think that is probably the most likely
> > answer.
>
> Nor do I. The environments in which I and others
> saw these things just didn't lend themselves to
> apparatus of any kind. I honestly don't think
> that's a possibility, much less a likelihood.
>
> > Here is how I break it down in my perspective.  You have often
> > talked about how this guy seemed to exhibit a powerful ability
> > to change your state of mind and perceptions. If I had to choose
> > between a person having this ability over actually floating in
> > the air, I would probably choose the first.
>
> And I have *no problem* with this. As I've said
> many times, I not only don't know whether a
> camera trained on the scene would have recorded
> some of the siddhis I witnessed, I have severe
> *doubts* that they would have.
>
> I consider it *likely* that what I saw was some
> kind of "subtle level" phenomenon that wouldn't
> be perceived by a camera. In other words, I am
> *not* claiming that he was actually floating in
> mid-air because I have nothing with which *to*
> assert that. It could have been that something
> was happening that caused dozens to hundreds of
> people at a time to *perceive* him as floating
> in mid-air.
>
> One of the reasons I'm comfortable with saying
> this is another of the siddhis I witnessed often,
> "invisibility." I'll give you a sample scenario.
> I'm sitting in the desert on one of our hikes
> there, and the Rama guy comes walking along in
> front of the group and pauses when he gets to
> me. He's not looking directly at me or singling
> me out or anything; he just stopped there and
> continued giving a talk to the whole group.
>
> But as I'm sitting there watching this guy who
> is at best 2-3 feet in front of me, all of a
> sudden his body starts to turn transparent.
> First it gets a little opaque, and then fully
> transparent, and I can see the canyon in the
> background and the night stars *through* a
> faint outline of where he used to be. This is
> such a shock to me that I start leaning back
> and forth to shift perspective, to see if the
> [...]

  • ... t3rinity
  • ... t3rinity
  • ... mainstream20016
    • ... cardemaister
  • ... mainstream20016
  • ... Samadhi Is Much Closer Than You Think -- Really! -- It's A No-Brainer. Who'd've Thunk It?
    • ... curtisdeltablues
      • ... TurquoiseB
        • ... curtisdeltablues
          • ... TurquoiseB
            • ... curtisdeltablues
          • ... lurkernomore20002000
            • ... Samadhi Is Much Closer Than You Think -- Really! -- It's A No-Brainer. Who'd've Thunk It?
              • ... tertonzeno
            • ... TurquoiseB