--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If we interpret the Bible as some of us are wont to do with the Gita,
> then Moses' genocidal actions must be at least compared to Arjuna's
> mass killings -- that is, they are spiritual tales meant to symbolize
> psychological battles fought.
>
> It's hard to think of an archer knocking down 10,000 arrows out of the
> sky coming at him, but it is child's play for each of us to make a
> decision -- "I will take/choose the right side road at this particular
> fork in the road." -- that obviates 10,000 wrong cul-de-paths that
> might have been taken if the fork's left road was chosen.
>
> See?

I agree. Once you drop that claim of divine origins, there is all
sorts of great stuff in scriptures.  But MMY is as fundamentalist as
any Christian about the literal historical authenticity of the
Mahabharata.   Harry Potter books can also be used as a source for
metaphors.  But so far no one is killing other people while quoting
the justification from that book.

> The virgin girl children that were garnered could be 32,000 neurons
> that would be fleshed out into "pure innocence networkings" in the
> brain.
>
> Be here now, folks; all around us are tales that can be
psychological > instructions of deep merit.

I think you are using it as a metaphor generator rather than a source
for knowledge.  This is very different from how it is used in
religions.  You can view scripture as literature, but when it is
viewed as God's instruction manual for living it causes problems IMO.

  Even George Bush is an example that all
> of us can identify with -- who hasn't been a shameless doofus at one
> point or another, or, in my case, for whole days, weeks, months and
> years at a time?
>
> See your inner George, avert the BushCo.
>
> It's all good, but I sure don't like that notion on most days....cuz
> it means I'll have to do heavy mental lifting to integrate and find my
> balance.  And with the evil afoot these days, forgiving what's being
> done by the tyrants requires the same wisdom that Christ had as they
> pounded in the nails and He just looked at His tormentors with
> Absolute Love.

Is this on youtube?  I'm not sure this is how that all went down.

> Obviously, I have quite some way to go.

Join the group.

> Edg

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > > So they went back and did as Moses (and presumably God) instructed,
> > > killing everyone except for the virgins. In this way they got 32,000
> > > virgins -- Wow!
> >
> > A waste of a lot of good MILFs if you ask me!  I enjoy reading about
> > Bible atrocities. When I hear people pointing to it as a moral
> > standard, I suspect they have never actually read the book all the way
> > through.  The Skeptic's Guide to the Bible has a whole chapter on
> > God's encouragement of mass murders.  There are many examples.  Great
> > bedtime reading.
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:

> Testament is
> fundamentalist
> > >

> > > Here's one of the more fun stories about that sweet guy Moses:
> > >
> > > - Under God's direction, Moses' army defeats the Midianites.
They kill
> > > all the adult males, but take the women and children captive.
> > >
> > > When Moses learns that they left some live, he angrily says:
"Have you
> > > saved all the women alive? Kill every male among the little
ones, and
> > > kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the
> > > women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep
> > > alive for yourselves."
> > >
> > > So they went back and did as Moses (and presumably God) instructed,
> > > killing everyone except for the virgins. In this way they got 32,000
> > > virgins -- Wow!
> > >
> > > ~~  Bible: Numbers 31:1-54

  • ... tertonzeno
    • ... Samadhi Is Much Closer Than You Think -- Really! -- It's A No-Brainer. Who'd've Thunk It?
      • ... tertonzeno
        • ... Samadhi Is Much Closer Than You Think -- Really! -- It's A No-Brainer. Who'd've Thunk It?
    • ... Angela Mailander