The only other time a candidate sent his wife to Fairfield instead of
coming himself was -- at least to my recollection -- Ed Mezvinsky who
was then promptly defeated by Jim Leach, who then served for 30 years
before being defeated by a Democrat last election.  His wife also
served in Congress.

Mezvinsky is now in prison for fraud.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>