I wonder of 3000 emails a month can be considered as in depth discussion
of important and deeply complex topics, and most of which seem to be
little more than one liner comments. Yahoo discussion forums seem to be
well past their shelf life now owing to spam, advertising syndicates,
big business, and flashing pictures of ones cat hither and thither for
the world to see.  It is perhaps ironic, and sad, that email
communication of this kind (an incredible invention) was far better 12
to 15 years ago than it is now.  I think somebody once said the great
problem with democracy (necessary though it is) drags everything down to
lowest common denominator.  Food for thought indeed.

Jim.