Simply a tragic loss in Tao rating:

"At its peak in the early 1990s, it claimed about 10,000 members and
24 pastors and was a media powerhouse. By soliciting tithes of 10
percent from each member's income, the church was able to build a
Bible college, two schools, a worldwide TV ministry and a $12 million
sanctuary the size of a fortress.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/20/national/main3525820.shtml

Today membership is down to about 1,500, the church has 18 pastors,
most of them volunteers, and the Bible college and TV ministry have
shuttered - a downturn blamed largely on complaints about the sexual
scandals."

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Index Rating of Atlanta Mega-church falls in Tao-Jones Index of
Shakti

http://www.mdjonline.com/content/index/showcontentitem/area/1/section/
> 21/item/103065.html
>
> "This is a cult. And you escape from a cult," she said. "We all
> escaped."
>
> These days, Earl Paulk has a much-reduced role at the cathedral,
> giving 10-minute lectures as part of Sunday morning worship each
> week.
>
> "My uncle is 100 percent guilty, but his accusers are guilty as
> well," D.E. Paulk said, declining to talk further about the
lawsuits.

> > ><dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Om, how bout a Tao Jones Index of spiritual experience for
> > > spiritual movements, gurus, preachers, llamas, ayatollahs,
saints
> > and
> > > spiritual healers, places?
> >
> > >The Tao Jones Index of shakti, for spiritual energy,
> > > experience.  Something like a shakti meter of spiritual
> > experience.
> > > Could be sector indexes.  Relgions, countries, region,
spiritual
> > > practices.
> > >
> > >The Gov't of Bhutan apparently has an index of 'happiness' that
they
> > > keep.  Being a Buddhist country, would be an index of
`no=thing'?

> > > The Tao Jones Index of Shakti
> >
>for spiritual energy,
> > > experience.  Something like a shakti meter of spiritual
> > experience.

> <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >
> > FW:
> > This is pretty incredible.  Did you see the array of people
> > involved?  Many in the first category are from UK and US; in the
> next
> > are more from Japan, Thailand and India; and in the last - most
> from
> > Asia.
> >
> > There is a Muslim one noted, I didn't see that they do a
Christian
> > one.
> >
> > We have a recording of a 2 hour program that we saw on TV
> called "In
> > the name of God" put together by two brothers who were in the
World
> > Trade Center vicinity on 9/11 and began asking themselves
questions
> > about how this could happen in the name of God.  They visited and
> > spent a day with leaders of many religions - India, China, Japan,
> the
> > two Muslim sects, the Pope, the heads of the Lutheran,
evangelistic
> > Lutheran, Anglicans and Baptist churches.  Your "hugger" was one
of
> > them.  Very interesting.  The only one who was scary was the
> Baptist -
> >  that man is so narrow, focused, and feels he is so right  - the
> > Jihadists of the Christians.
> >
> > Common themes:
> >   -  Respect for the humanity of others
> >   -  Provide structure - something that people seek
> >   -  Get happiness from the happiness of others
> >   -  Honesty, contentment, patience
> >
> > Reality - hunger and disease kill far more than terrorists,
stated
> > one of the "Christian" leaders.  [ editorial: Wars kill far more
> than
> > terrorists.  Think about it, we, the United States, have caused
the
> > killing of far more people in Afghanistan and Iraq than
terrorists
> > have killed in all the attacks in Europe and the US in 2
> > decades.]
> >
> > As the show went on they noted the size of each religion's
> > population - also very interesting.
> >
> > Global Population ~ 6 Billion
> >
> > Catholics     1 billion
> > Suni              940 m
> > Shea             120 m
> > Hindu            900 m
> > Orthodox        350 m
> > Buddhists          340 m
> > Baptists           70 m
> > Lutherans          60 m
> > Evan. Luth       40 m
> > Anglicans        ?? m  (I didn't write it down, but around 30 m
as
> > remember)
> > Sikhs               23 m
> > Jews                14 m