<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

> So you are the product of MUM's writing department huh?  I'd say the
> university has bigger problems than Haglein banging the student body.

[snip]

I went to MIU at the same time as Curtis.

There is someone whom we both went to MIU with who then became a well-
known militant ex-TMer who was virtually illiterate when he first came
to MIU as a teenager for our freshman class.  He could not correctly
spell any word larger than three letters nor put together a sentence on
paper.  And that's not hype, that's fact.

Yet to his credit (alot of hard work, determination, and persistence)
he overcame his handicap...to the point where he was literate enough
that he became a writer of sorts: HE DOCUMENTED THROUGH HIS WRITING HIS
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THE TM "CULT".

Yet it was MIU that enabled him to become literate.  This individual
didn't overcome his illiteracy by himself. Because it was the staff and
faculty of MIU that worked with him so that he overcame his illiteracy.

Funny, isn't it; MIU provided the very education and skills that
enabled this person to have the very petard he most eagerly and
willingly employed against MIU, Maharishi, and the TMO.

Fine.  Free speech and all; he's entitled to express his opinions and
views against the Movement.  But I'd like to see him at the same time
give MIU credit for giving him a chance in the first place by accepting
an obviously unqualified person as a student as well as then working
with him so that he became literate.  And please don't anyone counter
by saying that MIU did it for their own interests because they were
desperately in need of students and would have accepted anyone.  This
person enrolled in the fall of 1975, the year that MIU had over 350
students enrolled and, if anything, they couldn't keep up with the
overflow.