--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Dr Feldman announces daily global ceremony of gratitude to Vedic
> Tradition
>   of Total Knowledge  by Global Good News staff writer
>
> Please tell me that we removed that line in the intro lecture stating
> that TM is not a religion.   What is the nonprofit designation of the
> TMO anyway?  How can you claim it is anything but an religion.

Here is what the IRS says about what can be a tax exempt organization:

"The exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3) are charitable,
religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public
safety, fostering national or international amateur sports
competition, and preventing cruelty to children or animals.  The term
charitable is used in its generally accepted legal sense and includes
relief of the poor, the distressed, or the underprivileged;
advancement of religion; advancement of education or science; erecting
or maintaining public buildings, monuments, or works; lessening the
burdens of government; lessening neighborhood tensions; eliminating
prejudice and discrimination; defending human and civil rights secured
by law; and combating community deterioration and juvenile delinquency."
http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=175418,00.html