After 50 years of micro-managing the TMO, Maharishi several weeks ago
presumably gave up the reins of power of the TMO and handed it over
to others.

But what will happen when a major decision has to be made?  Will
Maharishi be able to defer to Maha Poobah Nader Ram (or whoever it is
that is now making the final decisions)?  Or will he insist upon
making the decision himself?

The following is how Don Corleone handled the situation once he
retired.  Will Maharishi be as wise?

CLEMENZA (to the Don)

Don Corleone -- you once said that the day would come when Tessio and
me could form our own Family. Til today, I would never think of it. I
must ask your permission...

VITO CORLEONE (looking away)

Well, Michael is now head of the Family, and if he gives his
permission, then you have my blessing...

MICHAEL (seated on a chair)

After we make the move to Nevada -- you can break off from the
Corleone Family and go on your own. After we make the move to Nevada.