From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of shempmcgurk
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 11:38 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: RIP Scott Girard

--- In HYPERLINK

"mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick
Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > The irony is that he died of cardiovascular disease, yet
> > recently Maharishi told Purusha they shouldn't exercise
> > because "Exercise isn't part of our tradition."
>
> That would be ironic only if the type of
> cardiovascular disease he had would have
> been prevented or remedied by exercise
> during the time he was in Purusha.

Pray tell, Doctor Stein, are you saying that there are instances in
which exercise is NOT a good thing?

I was going to make a similar comment. I’m no medical expert, but I can’t
imagine a cardiologist telling anyone that exercise wouldn’t benefit them,
unless they were so ill that the slightest exertion might kill them. I’ve
seen people in their 90’s who had gotten proper exercise all their lives and
could still run, ski, etc. Maharishi, who has been sedentary, has been bound
to a wheelchair for several years. If non-exercise is part of his tradition,
then the tradition is deficient.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:45 PM